Flight-Report

Class Premium Eco
Aircraft Boeing 777-300ER
Take-off 05 Apr 19, 17:05
Arrival at 06 Apr 19, 12:00
CX   #4 out of 128 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 414 reviews
ykwok
Published on 12th May 2019

Hi everyone This is YKWOK!
Welcome to my first ever flight review. Today I will be flying Cathay Pacific CX 238 From London Heathrow to Hong Kong in Premium Economy Class.  Hope you enjoy!

CHECK-IN

As a Oneworld elite member, I can enjoy the priority Business Class check-in, which able to save me a lot of time with massive queues.
However, during the check-in, I found that ground staffs in LHR were unsurprisingly rude, he refused my companion(MPC Green member) to entered the priority check-in, so she had to walk all the way back to the normal check-in, at this point, I wasn't furious but rather embarrassed

BOARDING

Boarding was slightly chaotic as usual in LHR, a lot of the Economy passenger was mislead by the long Priority queue.
Because I was also travelling with another MPC silver card holder, so we had priority boarding and I was the first person to entered the Premium Economy section.

After settling down, the purser served us with a welcome drinks (including wine and Juices) comes along with an adorable amenity kits and a menu

TAXing AND TAKing OFF

when the aircraft was taxing to the runway, I saw a couple of BA100's RETRO livery (including the BOAC and the old British Airways) …isn't it cool!?

FOOD AND BEVERAGE

Dinner was served right after taking off and Breakie was served an hour before touching down in HKG
 For supper, I ordered Jasmine rice with lemon chicken, It actually tasted better than it looks
and for Breakie, I ordered the English Breakfast, and it was not bad, but personally think It could have been better
by the way… just wanna say that, despite Qantas, Cathay has the best airplane bread among the industry. I love them so much, haha.

THE SEAT

The premium-economy seat looks slightly similar to the American domestic first-class seat, and you can tell it's larger than the regular economy seat, at 19.5 inches wide with 38 inches of pitch, also with a super generous recline.

TOUCHING DOWN HKG

ARRIVAL

And finally, here we are in HKG
Hope you guys like my first ever flight review:)
I'll be doing more flight review coming up, there will also be a list of flights that I will be reviewing down below so you will expect to see this hopefully in a very close future.
Again, thanks for reading and watching, hope to see you next time;)

Routing

• CX/77W-(Premium Economy) London(LHR)-Hong Kong(HKG) You are here
  • AY/333-(Business) London(LHR)-Helsinki(HEL) Coming soon
  • AY/359-(Business) Helsinki(HEL)-London(LHR) Coming soon
  • QR/359+77W-(Economy) London(LHR)-Doha(DOH)-Hong Kong(HKG) Coming soon
  • QF/333+737-(Economy) Hong Kong(HKG)-Melbourne(MEL)-Wellington(WLG) Coming soon
  • QF/737+333-(Economy) Auckland(AKL)-Brisbane(BNE)-Hong Kong(HKG) Coming soon
  • CX/333-(Business) Hong Kong(HKG)-Bangkok(BKK) Coming soon
  • CX/333-(Business) Bangkok(BKK)-Hong Kong(HKG) Coming soon

Verdict

Cathay Pacific

8.8/10

London - LHR

5.4/10

Hong Kong - HKG

9.1/10

Conclusion

Despite the very rude ground staff in LHR, the overall experience was very Cathay standard, which is pretty decent.

Information on the route London (LHR) Hong Kong (HKG)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 9 reviews of 2 airlines on the route London (LHR) → Hong Kong (HKG).

The airline with the best average rating is Cathay Pacific with 8.4/10.

757Fan 499 Comments

Nice report and photos. I remember when I was flying to MSP from LHR back in September 2017 after our trip to London, I saw the daily HKG Cathay 777-300 being serviced.

Thanks for sharing!

KL651 TEAM 4374 Comments

Welcome and thanks for this nice first FR.
    The catering fits very well the Y+ promise, above Y but not quite J like.
    All in all a better overal impression than LH or AF offering.

ThomasDutch SILVER 268 Comments

Welcome to FR and CX definitely offers a proper product on here. I see you have some interesting upcoming flights ahead of you and would love to see those reports coming too! :)

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4722 Comments

Hi Ykwok, thanks for sharing your first report here with us! It’s a very nicely photographed report and is well written! I’m surprised at the CX ground staff’s poor attitude forcing a non-status travel companion to use the regular queue( I’ve never experienced that before! Granted CX often do their own thing, differently from other OW carriers.

It’s nice to see a CX Premium Economy report as there aren’t many out there! It seems like a very nice product overall and it seems the catering has been upgraded from previous reports I’ve seen. Your use of the term « breakie » reminds me of my travels to Australia —have you lived in Australia before? Also I wanted to point out that your name appears on your BP pic—you may want to blur that out.

Welcome to Flight-Report!