Review of Southwest Airlines flight Baltimore Providence in Economy

Flight WN2167
Seat --
Take-off 16 Aug 18, 17:00
Arrival at 16 Aug 18, 18:15
WN   #1 out of 21 Low-cost airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 34 reviews
Flyerboy2005
Published on 20th May 2019

Hello, and welcome to another trip report! Today I will be reviewing one of Southwest's shortest flights (BWI to PVD). The flight time is usually only 50 minutes, which poses a challenge for the crew to serve everyone. Due to short security lines, I was through security in no time and shortly thereafter, the flight started boarding. I was flying on one of Southwest's 737-800s with the new livery and split scimitars.

I absolutely love the livery and brand look. I guess I'm just giving them a little LUV ;-). Boarding was completed soon after I boarded and shortly after that the doors were closed. The cabin felt fresh, due to the Boeing sky interior, and thankfully it was clean.

We pushed back and simultaneously, the flight attendants started their safety demo. After a short taxi, we were airborne.

photo img_3519photo img_3518

As soon as the 10,000 feet chime went off the flight attendants sprang into action and started the complimentary beverage and snack service. First, they passed through the aisle with pretzels. Unfortunately, they weren't serving peanuts since a couple weeks prior they had announced the discontinuation of serving peanuts on their planes :-(. I know, right?! How tragic! Then, they went around and took drink orders. I chose a Sprite.

Before long, we were descending in Providence and soon we were on the ground. You can color me shocked when I saw the New England Patriots' 767 as we were taxiing in!

photo img_3589-1