Review of LOT Polish flight Warsaw London in Economy

Flight LO279
Seat 6F
Take-off 05 Sep 19, 15:50
Arrival at 05 Sep 19, 17:00
LO   #70 out of 101 Airlines A minimum of 10 flight-reports within the past two years is required to appear in the rankings. 191 reviews
IFlyPlanes
Published on 6th March 2021

ABOUT THE TRIP

So, it was the 23th August, and I need to get back to London by 5th of September. I look around a little bit and I find the cheapest overall choice to be LOT Polish Airlines. So I decide to book the flight for £81 with seats included.

Now the trip!

Left the house at 12:50pm on my 2 hour drive to Warsaw Chopin Airport, the biggest and most used airport in Poland.

It seemed to be a good airport, was clean and modern and security was efficient.

I did some plane spotting, the huge windows at Warsaw make it a breeze.

photo img_20190905_134707

Eventually, 15:30 came around. The flight was delayed by 30 minutes or so but this wasn't terrible.

Boarding eventually started at a gate with a jet-bridge but sadly led us to a bus-boarding gate.

photo img_20190905_152432-61624

Upon boarding the aircraft, there was a swarm of people and made it hard to board, however eventually we all got onboard. I wonder why we could not have just used the jet-bridge :(

photo img_20190905_155730

Then we took off for the 2 hour journey West to Heathrow! The aircraft buzzed out of Warsaw and took quite a steep climb out of the sunny weather. Video Link

photo img_20190905_175128

Here was the 15 year old Boeing 737-800s cabin. It was decent and I have no complaints with it although the over-head bins could be bigger and the cabin could be more modernised, it wasn't terrible in all honesty. The legroom was good too!

photo fgfdg

Now meal service came around, I paid £2.50 for everything in this picture. The Mini Wafer and Tea were free and the sandwich was £2.50 and consisted of Ham, lettuce and pickles. It was honestly one of the best sandwiches I had on a plane in a while, so LOT's catering is very good as far as is. LOT utilise the DO&CO catering which is quite good in itself.

However when I asked for another tea one crew member seemed not to be so happy and asked me "why I didn't take one before" (which I clearly did) However that is really the only complaint I have, most the crew members were very nice and happy to do their job.

photo img_20190905_163507

More context of the sandwich :P

photo img_20190905_161003

Here was LOT's fleet back in September of 2019, and the international route map below. LOT has a decent variety of both.

photo img_20190905_161543photo img_20190905_180052

After quite an un-eventful but turbulent flight, we started our descent into London Heathrow, 20 minutes early!

photo img_20190905_180406

We have had an amazing approach into runway 27L, passing past all the London skyscrapers.

photo img_20190905_180513photo img_20190905_180937

At 5:01PM, we have touched down on the runway 27L at London Heathrow which was quite a "normal" landing, firm but not hard. Video link

photo img_20190905_172319

Here we have parked right next to this HUGE Turkish 777-300ER right next to us, and that will conclude this trip report! It was my first one here and I hope it was good enough. Thank you for reading this :)