Review of Transavia flight Amsterdam Innsbruck in Economy

Flight HV6605
Seat 25F
Take-off 31 Jan 16, 09:30
Arrival at 31 Jan 16, 10:50
TO   #3 out of 21 Low-cost airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 203 reviews
danny_89
Published on 22nd March 2016
After not having skied for 2 years I finally managed to find some time to go on wintersports this year, in the lovely town of Fügen, Tirol, Austria. This means a relatively short connection time from the arriving airport (Innsbruck, +/- 40 min. by taxi) and the main choice this time to go by plane. Booked the tickets quite early (somewhere in September/October 2015) for the fair amount of 93 euros, except luggage and seating choice. Transavia introduced the Plus and Max fares, in which luggage and seating choice (for the Max fare you are allowed to seat at the front row or at the emergency exit) as well as 500 and 1000 Flying Blue miles are included respectively. Since we all got luggage with us and wanted to sit together with the whole group, we decided to book the Plus fare for €50 extra per return trip, still a fair price in my opinion to fly to the snow.

Sunday the 31st January we headed to Schiphol by taxi, dropped the luggage at the luggage drop-off desk (check-in was already begin done online), and after having passed security succesfully, we did some shopping and had a cup of coffee, before heading to the gate. This time the plane left from gate B31, quite a walk from Schiphol's shopping/main area and definitely not one of my most favorite gates to leave.

photo IMG_8189_2
'Statue' at the beginning of the B-gates.
photo IMG_8193
PH-HSB, a 6 year old Boeing 737-800, waiting at gate B31 for its flight to Innsbruck.

Boarding started right on time, and after finding my spot (seat 25F) I found out that this flight was quite full in stead of what I thought to see during check-in. Next to our plane was another B737-800 in the new color scheme (PH-HZW).

photo IMG_8199
Transavia's PH-HZW in the new color scheme.

After boarding was completed we were pushed back 5 minutes late from the gate and taxied to runway 36R to leave Amsterdam in a southern direction from the Aalsmeerbaan. Take-off was not that special, lots of clouds so I decided to make some pics of the menu.

photo IMG_8200photo IMG_8201
Some pictures of the menu.

I decided to take a cup of hot chocolate together with a candy bar, in this cash and pay service that was going through the plane halfway the 1 hr and 10 minute during flight.

photo IMG_8202
My choice of a drink and a candy bar for the price of 4 euros.

After all, the legroom was doable and not that thight as I had expected, although this amount of space is always survivable on a flight of less than 2 hours!

photo IMG_8198
Legroom-shot.

After 45 minutes of flying, the captain announced the descent into Innsbruck Airport, whioch is normally offers spectacular views, however this time not because of clouds/mist/(wet) snow. So my view was just the wing and the wing-tip of the plane unfortunately, except at lower altitudes, offering a view over the city of Innsbruck.

photo IMG_8203_2
View out of my window.

The deboarding process took some minutes, enabling me to take one picture inside the plane, and also from outside the plane on the platform. We were brought by bus to the arrivals hall (only 100 meters…), and immediately our luggage was already on the belt. Very efficiently I would say! And our skiing holiday in Austria could start!

photo IMG_8204
Inside the B737-800.
photo IMG_8206
{i]Bus that brings passengers to arrivals hall.
photo IMG_8211
PH-HSB in the wet snow of Innsbruck.
photo IMG_8209_2
Entrance of the arrivals hall after the very short bus ride.

And to finish this report, some pics of the skiing holiday. Hope you enjoyed this FR! :)

photo IMG_8215photo IMG_8297photo IMG_8375_2
Town of Fügen, and the skiing area of the Hochzillertal.