Review of Condor Flugdienst flight Frankfurt Calgary in Business

Arrival at 28 Jun 19, 19:25
DE 19 reviews
marvin150892
Published on 6th July 2019

Hello and Welcome to this flight-report where I discover Condor's Business Class product on their Boeing 767 fleet.

Last year I visited two canadian cities: Toronto and Vancouver - which I both really enjoyed.
In the beginning of 2019 I decided to visit another city of this great Country. After some considerations during january I began to look for direct flights from Frankfurt to Calgary.
There are -during sommer months- two options:
-  Air Canada using 787-9 daily
-  Condor using 767-300ER four times a week

After enjoying Premium Eco on last years' trip I originally wanted to book this class again, however when comparing the prices ( and checking flight reports, naturally ) the decision was pretty easy:
Aport from Eco, Air Canada requested about nearly twice the money than Condor in the same class. Condor in Business was just few more expensive than Air Canada in Premium Eco.
Condor in Business - here we go!

The journey started at the main train station of Karlsruhe. There are direct connections to Frankfurt airport every two hours.

photo fr7

Condor check-in desks are located in Departure area C of Terminal 1. There was no queue for Business Class passengers.

photo fr8

Security checks went so fast, I simply forgot to take any more photos until I went into the Lufthansa Business Lounge located nearby Gate B44.  There was enough room for choosing your favourite seat.

photo fr10

I took a cheese pretzel as well as an Espresso. Easy, but pretty tasty. Soon, I looked over to the screens whether my departure gate had changed. One hour late? Let's see. Well, they also weren't so sure about the gate anymore.

photo fr41

So I tried the noodles with chicken "Asia style". Quite good!

photo fr9

Boarding

I went over to the gate at around 17:40. Our planned aircraft was changed on short notice, which resulted in the delay because D-ABUA, our new aircraft, was already coming late from Calgary. When I arrived at the Gate, it already had arrived there.

Boarding started soon. I was warmly welcomed and made my short way to seat 3A.

photo fr11

The Business Class is in 2-2-2 configuration, which seems a bit cramped in a Boeing 767, but considering the price for the flight really okay.
Every Seat was equipped with a blanket, pillow, amenity kit (standard contents and quality), headphones (average quality) as well as one bottle of water.

photo fr12

The legroom is huge - plenty of space to stretch your legs.

photo fr13

Sistership D-ABUC wearing the old livery is sitting next to us:

photo fr1

Pre-departure drinks were offered. I opted for sparkling wine.

photo fr14

The panel for adjusting your seat is located between the seats. You can recline the seat in a fully flat, but slightly angled position.

photo fr2

When boarding was completed and pushback started, the (quite funny) safety video was played in german and english.

photo fr15

Some other planes we met as the Boeing made it's way to runway 7C:

Goodbye Frankfurt!

photo fr31

Soon after departure the menu was handed out. You could choose between three main dishes. I took the pasta option.
Roasted and salted almonds were also offered.

lunchtime!

photo fr19

The starter consisted of:
- Duck breast pastrami with ginger-pickle relish and quinoa salad
- Salmon Tartar in a horseradish mantle served on lentils with pumpernickel crumbs as well as pepper and cucumber jelly
- A mixed salad
Warm bread as well as garlic bread were also offered. It tasted really good!

photo fr20

The main dish (pasta option):
Tortelloni filled with mozzarella and cream cheese-vermouth sauce with leaf spinach and roasted pine nuts. Very good!

photo fr21

After that, cheese was offered:

photo fr22photo fr23

Then, the dessert:
Passion fruit tartlet. Can't get any better! I also ordered black tea.

photo fr24photo fr32

Around two hours after the meal, vanilla ice with fruit sauce was offered.

photo fr25photo fr33

Some views while passing Greenland:

A brief visit to the restroom

photo fr26

Two hours before landing, a (pretty huge for being called) snack was offered:
- mixed salad with ceasar-dressing
- veal goulash with cream sauce with mashed potatoes
- chocolate-pistachio muffin
All of this was also quite tasty!

photo fr27

We finally reached Calgary around half an hour late.

Because of having no nap at all on this flight, I arrived at the hotel around 50 minutes after leaving the airport in a pretty tired, but also satisfied state. And I was full of pretty good food thanks to Condor!

Now thanks for stopping by and reading!  The return flight report will follow soon.

[/gallery]