Review of American Eagle flight Toronto Charlotte in First

Flight AA5079
Class First
Take-off 06 Apr 19, 15:57
Arrival at 06 Apr 19, 17:17
MQ   #113 out of 131 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 49 reviews
JAZ350
By SILVER 253
Published on 15th July 2019

INtroduction

Welcome back!

It has been sometime since I've posted any reports as traveling didn't warrant me any time to post.
Today's SHORT report highlights the PSA's service between YYZ and CLT airports back in April. This is part 1 of 4.
Most non-Canadian airline trans-border flights operate out of the aging Terminal 3 at Pearson Int'l. Larger aircraft use jetways whereas the regional jets load passengers from stairs. Terminal 3 is also shared with WestJet, Flair and all other international carriers which happen to be non-star alliance members.

Routing

• YYZ-CLT You are here
  • CLT-MCO Coming soon
  • MCO-CLT Coming soon
  • CLT-YYZ Coming soon

Aircraft Info: Bombardier CRJ-900(N573NN) ; 4.3 YEARS

As seen above, our CRJ 900 had a quick turn around and began boarding about 20 minutes after arrival. Other T3 operations were visible as seen in the window view below.

Taxi to RWY 24, passing Terminal 1 and AC's operations.

Seldom these days that ERJ-135s are spotted, great to see one operating back to base.
Soon enough we were upwind as off to CLT.

Banking over the western GTA before flying over Lake Ontario.

inflight

As I settled in, I realized the cabin could have done with some extra cleaning as crumbs and spilt liquids was seen around my seat

At cruise the crew came about offering light refreshments for the relatively short hop. I opted for a rum and coke and also a fruit bar.

Views away from the 6ix.

photo img_7703photo img_7705

Soon enough, we were at our top of descent into CLT. We caught a sweet view over the Carolinas, right into final on RWY 36L.

Skrt Skrt…

Taxi towards concourse E.

It was actually pretty cool to catch LH's A350, a service once operated by the A333.

I headed off to Concourse C quickly to catch my next flight, CLT-MCO.

Routing of today's flight thanks to Flightradar24.com

photo screen-shot-2019-04-06-at-65324-pm

Verdict

American Eagle

6.2/10

Toronto - YYZ

7.0/10

Charlotte - CLT

6.9/10

Conclusion

As expected, the regional jet service was average. The flight was short and offered the basic business amenities on a feeder service.

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4837 Comments

HI JAZ350 thanks for sharing this short trans-border report! Pretty what you'd expect from AA...that is, not a whole lot. Haha. Not surprised to see the cabin so dirty...they've been on a such a push to improve their on-time performance lately, after so many years of being at the bottom of the US3 operationally, that they just don't seem to bother doing even light cleaning on daytime turns anymore.

Thanks for sharing!

JAZ350 SILVER AUTHOR 45 Comments

Hey KévinDC you're welcome. Lol I have slowly come to accept that AA has truly changed over the years. I remember their prime as they were our go-to airline out of BGI and now they're just a mere option.