Review of Japan Airlines flight Tokyo Helsinki in Economy

Arrival at 27 Jan 15, 14:35
JL 157 reviews
directorphilip2
Published on 31st January 2015
I booked a room at the narita rest house for 43 pounds as travelling on the local train takes about 1 hour 20 mins (definitely choosing haneda next time as it's quicker and cheaper)

I arrived at a self checkin machine where it ended up breaking when i scanned my passport, i was shown to the checkin desk, they only printed my narita-helsinki flight probably because of the machine breaking, once arriving at helsinki, the transfer security was troublesome with the girl saying i cant go through unless i have a boarding card for manchester and the only way to get my boarding card is by going through security to get to the transfer desk, very stupid idea or should i have gone back to the gate to where the finnair agents are?
Either way i had like 30 mins to get to the next flight.

Anyway while she was also saying the same thing to another man, i moved my trays to the other security line as she wasnt accepting my sticker on my passport that had the man flight number and the letters man but luckily that security xray guy said that's fine.

At least all of the stsff were really friendly at helsinki security and i would like to go again and see the city

SMOKEY Engine Start (i thought it might set on fire lol)
Video of the flight:
Full Flight Timelapse (13 mins)

As I thought it was a 9am flight and not 12 (my mistake)

I was very hungry and had to search all my pockets for some coins, 120 yen left i bought a snickers at the cheaper newsagent
photo S3360016-001photo S3360020-001photo S3360022-001

The boarding pass confused me, it never said the actual departure time, just the boarding time

The flight was 90% full and i was lucky to get a spare seat

The lunch was lovely again on japan airlines and the staff were very attentive and chatty with me so i really liked that.

the 787 bathroom door is great as you pull open the door and it neatly goes inside the bathroom, easy to get in and out.

The staff helped me when i went in the back and helped me pour my coke and showed me the different snacks.

Full Flight Video
They only get 24 hours in helsinki and go back to japan

It was funny seeing the sunset and sunrise though it took about an hour to do it and it didnt go completely dark

Verdict

Japan Airlines

10.0/10

Tokyo - NRT

8.8/10

Helsinki - HEL

7.8/10

Conclusion

Helsinki need a transfer desk before transfer security

If you liked this review or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post a comment below !
    KévinDC TEAM GOLD 5963 Comments

Great report! Sorry for all the ticketing troubles you had. These things seem to happen a lot with tickets connecting between 2 different carriers...so much for a smooth oneworld alliance experience, LOL. That's great that you had a free seat next to you. Was this 787 in a 2-4-2 configuration or 3-3-3? Thanks for sharing!