Review of American Airlines flight Orlando Philadelphia in Domestic First

Flight AA843
Aircraft Airbus A321
Take-off 11 May 19, 11:19
Arrival at 11 May 19, 13:19
AA   #73 out of 134 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 327 reviews
JAZ350
Published on 20th July 2019

Summary

Welcome Back to another US-CAN series.
This report consists of 4 legs to and from Central Florida. These trans-border reports are relatively short compared to my International trips and are easy point fill quota posts.

As this report and the next upcoming one are on the return leg, I booked AA through CLT and onto Toronto. This was another early departure in efforts to get back by the afternoon. I reached to MCO about 5AM for my scheduled flight at 6:25AM to CLT. As I reached the gate there was little going on, other than two gate agents at the computers. Time got closer to our departure time and an update of "delayed" came on the display monitors. An hour had gone and two mechanics came off the aircraft and said it was best to cancel the flight. Moments later, the crew was seen walking from the gate so it was clear we weren't boarding this A321.

Queues were formed between two gate desks and the two hour ordeal began. Luckily for me, AA sent me an email and rescheduled be automatically. Unfortunately they were sending my via PHL and downgrading me to economy as their ERJs don't have business.

The gate area was quiet for sometime.

I did a little spotting but the interesting heavies hadn't arrived yet.

Aircraft Info:
Registration: N918US
Age: 4.5 Years

As time neared my new scheduled departure, the A321 had just arrived from PHL.

A welcome drink was served as soon as all First class passengers were seated.

As I was in 1A, it was difficult to get a clear view of the engine but at least nothing obscured my view.

An AA 319 scheduled to DCA.

Line up and takeoff RWY 18L

Overviews of Terminal B

One of the thousands of Orlando lakes could be seen.

Just before cruise the crew came about again with beverage service and meal service.

We had two options of a light snack of which I chose the Salsa. To my surprise a hot towel was given.

It was hazy out for the most part of cruise.

As we approached PHL, the a/c flew along the coast of the Delaware.

The inflight Wifi came in handy again, tracking our flight during descent.

Approach.

The majestic 757.

We pulled into Concourse C and I made my way towards the F gates and the RJ aircraft operate from here. The commute was not too bad though.

Verdict

American Airlines

6.9/10

Orlando - MCO

6.5/10

Philadelphia - PHL

6.5/10

Conclusion

AA handled the cancelled flight well. Everyone was able to be rebooked the same day by the afternoon. I was not happy that one leg of my trip got downgraded but still appreciated the effort of getting me home in time. The inflight service caught me by surprise as I only expected come chips and a drink. All in all, the 2 hour flight sped by and I made it in time for my connection.