Review of American Eagle flight Philadelphia Toronto in Economy

Seat 8C
Aircraft Embraer ERJ145
Take-off 11 May 19, 15:56
Arrival at 11 May 19, 17:00
MQ   #113 out of 131 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 49 reviews
JAZ350
By SILVER 197
Published on 21st July 2019

Welcome Back to another US-CAN series.  This report consists of 4 legs to and from Central Florida. These trans-border reports are relatively short compared to my International trips and are easy point fill quota posts.

I booked AA through CLT and onto Toronto. This was another early departure in efforts to get back by the afternoon. I reached to MCO about 5AM for my scheduled flight at 6:25AM to CLT. Unfortunately due to engine problems the flight got cancelled 2 hours after the scheduled time of departure.

As a result, AA rebooked me via PHL onto Toronto. I was downgraded to economy on one of the legs as no premium product was offered. I had only flown out of PHL one time before on QRs A350 and was curious to know how it served as a connection airport.

Aircraft info:
Operator: Piedmont Airlines
Registration: N632AE
Age: 20.2 Years

Our a/c was parked at gate F33. Interesting how these jet bridges meet the plane.

Having only flown on the ERJ 145 one time before I forgot how low the aircraft sat on the ground.

AA 763 in from Budapest and NK A32N off to San Juan, PR.

A short takeoff roll set us on our way to Canada.

Cruise saw relatively clear skies until descent over Lake Ontario.

Toronto and Toronto island.

Our approach gave fantastic views of downtown Toronto and the lakeshore area.

A few banks later we were on final and touched down at YYZ. It was just before the rush hour so the airport was relatively quiet.

WS 763 loading up for LGW.

Overview of the RJ gates at Terminal 3

Our route map sourced from Flightradar24.com

photo screen-shot-2019-05-12-at-71707-pm

Verdict

American Eagle

5.2/10

Philadelphia - PHL

7.2/10

Toronto - YYZ

6.9/10

Conclusion

After basically an 11 hour travel time (original departure check in to destination airport arrival) I was glad to make it to Toronto. PHLs RJ terminal reminds me a lot of CLT. The commute in the city was quite easy and hassle free. As the flight was quite short, just a pretzels and a soda were offered.