Review of Air France flight London Paris in Business

Seat 1F
Aircraft Airbus A320
Take-off 02 May 19, 15:50
Arrival at 02 May 19, 18:10
AF   #45 out of 88 Airlines A minimum of 10 flight-reports within the past two years is required to appear in the rankings. 4649 reviews
ChrisB
Published on 5th July 2021

going to see charles and tante yvonne in business

I have been very excited and lucky to go and travel in South America with my other half for 4 months from Argentina to Colombia and even ;ore lucky to fly in business!

Way out:

Bogota - Paris CDG: Air France B787-9 report here
Paris CDG - Londres Heathrow: Air France A318 report here

Flying blue Miles earned with this flight: 173
Status earned: 15 XP

When you fly Business with Air France, you are entitled to 2 bags in the cabin, and two checkin bags of 23kgs each, adding my extra luggage allowance as I am a Skyteam elite member, we had an allowance 5 bags of 23kgs in the hull! We also flew Business with Air France to Buenos Aires at the start of our 4 months trip, and the return journey from/to London, believe it not, we 'only' paid £1659 (each).

Routing

photo screenshot_20190430-165957_air-france

We chose the seats on this A320 when we booked our trip long time ago. I usually do it a few days after booking, it is part of the excitment to go on the website and look at your booking!

photo plan-cabine-mc-plan-a320-174

Air France app is quite comprehensive, you can easily navigate through options, travel tips, and of course your bookings, boarding pass and the service you will have on board..

photo screenshot_20190502-204659_air-france

at london heathrow airport

As any skyteam member (but Delta teamed up with Virgin at T3), today's flight was departing from the Terminal 4, opened by Prince Charles and Lady Diana, and was once the international hub for British Airways.

We checked in at the priority counter, as a business class passenger, a very big first for me!

photo img-20190502-wa0040-72822

Going through security was very efficient as - almost - always at LHR.

at skyteam t4 lounge

Before this point I never used to like being at the airport 2h prior to a flight departure, I always felt I knew quite well LHR and so I was always trying to fly just in time, to avoid waiting at the airport.
But this time round, we did went there a good 2 hours before… Was it because it was my first at a lounge?? I let you be the judge of that!!

photo img-20190502-wa0043

The lounge is located on the north side of the T4, just before gates 20 and 21. The lady at the foyer was very welcoming. I am not the most objective person since it was a new experience for me. I felt the liunge was ok, clean, well decorated with a few nice features like newspaper, variety on the buffet, TV room, playstation gaming zone etc…

photo 20180822_143524

I didn't fancy wine but rather a celebratory champagne that did not let me down. As you can see we also tried a bit of the buffet!

photo img-20190502-wa0045-31706

The good thing about this lounge is that is above the gates level and so I had a really nice view on our plane that was just arriving from CDG.

photo 20190502_142325

Age: 14 Years
Layout: C36 Y138

photo 20190502_150017

The AvGEEK bit
Air France operates 44 A320s, of which 28 are assigned to the European destinations, 2 in the west indies, and the rest for homeland cities. This unit is usually flying on european destionations, being based in paris CDG but it also flies to mainland airport cities to offer connecting flight to Paris CDG, as part as the Hub Strategy of Air France.

photo 20190502_152551

The crew assigned to the business cabin today felt equally professional as the previous flight but way friendlier.

A refreshing towel and a small bottle of water were handed out to us before take off. I also had to accept against my will another glass of champagne before take-off, I was way too polite to refuse . XD

photo 20190502_152607

The devil is in the detail they say - the whole cabin was new.

photo 20190502_152615

We started push back soon after.

Crew performed safety briefing in the old fashion way but with smile.

photo 20190502_155920

We taxied for a very short time - which deserved to be noticed for Heathrow!- as we took off from nearby runway 27L.
The treat of taking off from this runway is the magical view on this British Airways Concorde.

photo untitled

Look at this beautiful CFM56 engine view!

The magasine offers a section of travel articles, and coporate news. The magasine on board was from the previous month

photo 20210705_113240

Love patagonia and its magic landscape.

photo 20210705_113257

Quick compare with nowadays extent of the network of domestic market: if you look well you'll see that in 2021 at least 50% of the lines disappeared compares to 2019… you'll also see some Joon destinations on the right page!

photo 20210705_113349

The times when China Eastern Airlines was part of the alliance…

photo 20210705_113316

The crew started very shortly after take off to serve us food, even before 10,000 feet and the seat belt signal being switched off.

I chose Champagne and we were given our tray, very similar to a long haul flight except there wasnt any table cloth. Even though this was an afternoon flight, the food offered seemed a little breakfasty right?

photo 20190502_162202photo 20190502_161125

Goodbye Queen! - Windsor Castle.

at paris charles de gaulle airport

We arrived at CDG runway 26R, with almost a parallel take off!
The landing was very very smooth, so congrats to the captain!

photo 20190502_165355

We arrived at terminal 2E Hall K, where our next flight was scheduled.

photo 20190502_183550