Flight-Report

Seat 2G
Aircraft Airbus A321
Take-off 19 Sep 13, 10:00
Arrival at 19 Sep 13, 13:00
VN   #90 out of 128 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 157 reviews
Travip
Published on 24th November 2013
I was travelling to Jakarta last September. I chose to fly with Vietnam Airlines since it has direct flight from Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) to Jakarta (CGK). The flight took 3 hours.

Generally, I was satisfied with the flight. I wen to the airport early although I didn't have to queue. I entered the business class counter where I didn't have to wait. However, I still had to line up at the immigration counter. I had the so-called Sky Priority on my boarding pass but there was no such priority lane for immigration process.

I went to Apricot CIP Lounge by SASCO in the airside. The food was so so, not as good as I experienced in Bangkok or else where but much better than in some places such as Kolkata Airport. Apricot Lounge has a very nice view of the tarmac so you can watch the planes taking off, landing and taxiing.

The lounge:

I was boarding the plane with a bus. Because I was a priority passenger on business class, I was taken to the plane on a small van. With this trip, I travelled on an Airbus A321. The cabin was a regional business class. Of course, there was no flat bed.

The FA was very nice. She smiled all the time and even when she didn't smile, I also felt that she smiled. Half of the business class cabin was empty.

The following photos are about the in-flight meal:

photo IMG_3449 copy

Business class seats

photo 1234714_10153268926495315_422304236_n

While waiting for the meal

photo inflightfood50photo inflightfood49

Appetizer: dried beef with cheddar

photo inflightfood51

Main course: Fish something

photo 1379859_10153284478890315_1477804011_n

I asked for blanket and pillow since the cabin was a little bit cold and I wanted to take a nap

photo 1238819_10153284478625315_79404318_n