Review of Copa Airlines flight Panamá City Mexico City in Economy

Flight CM148
Seat 27F
Take-off 02 Aug 19, 07:45
Arrival at 02 Aug 19, 11:35
CM   #88 out of 133 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 60 reviews
Guillbcn
By SILVER 212
Published on 15th September 2019

Routing

panama airport

Welcome to the 2nd part of this FR covering the route Bogota-Mexico City. After the flight from Bogota, it was time fly to México. Because of my lack of sleep I was so tired and I wasn't able to take pictures in Panama Airport. This airport is a real chaos at 7 in the morning, specially because of the congestion. Thousands of passengers are walking through the terminal, which is very cramped. Toilets are cramped, there are important queques and rest areas are fully occuped.
I guess the new terminal opened will help to solve this situation which I found so bad for an airport like Panama, even more if it wants to be a connecting hub between north/center and south américa.

panama-ciudad de méxico

Boarding started about an hour before STD. Again, 4 groups were made trying to speed the process. Once on board I found a very different cabin. IFE on everyseat, power set for USB, modern windows… Sky interior I think is called (?)

Good legroom

photo 20190802_071705

IFE had a few choices for movies, music, TV shows… good for a 3.5h flight but maybe a little short for longer 5-6-7 hour flights.

photo 20190802_071709

Wingview

photo 20190802_071715

I felt asleep and I woke up again while taxiing to the runway

photo 20190802_075109

takeoff and inflight

We took off just before 8AM. We made a right turn to the south before heading to México, in the northeast.

Bye Panama!

Heading to the south before turn

photo 20190802_080210

About 50 minutes into the meal service started. There was a single option today, but a hot breakfast was served to all economy passengers. Turkey, scrambled eggs, potatoes and tomato. Some fruits to go with it, a chocolate bar and hot bun. Good breakfast at all.

By the time we were flying over central America

photo 20190802_085843

After breakfast I fall asleep for the rest of the flight. I was slept about 2 hours. I woke up and we were already flying over Mexico City, just about to start our descent.

descent and landing

During the descent we were circling the huge mexican capital and it's suburbs, which took nearly 25 minutes. Views were very nice and while getting closer to the airport skyline appeared. Flaps were set and we were ready to land.

On finals

Touchdown smoothly after 3.30h in the air. We were taxiing for a few minutes through the cramped airport and parked on Terminal 2, next to an old 752 of Delta arriving from Atlanta.

photo 20190802_114559

Disembark was made and I headed through immigration and picked up my bag. That was the end of the trip

Thank you for reading!