Review of ANA flight Tokyo Chitose in Economy

NH 208 reviews
AXY2002
Published on 12th June 2018

Introduction

This is the second flight on my recent trip to Japan. After spending a week in Tokyo, we are taking a domestic flight to Hokkaido today. The following is my entire itinerary for this trip:
SIN-NRT - ANA - B788 - Here
NRT-CTS - ANA - B738 - (You are here)
CTS-NRT - ANA -B738 - Here
NRT-SIN - ANA - B789 - Here

Departure

We arrived at Narita about 2 hours before our flight, took some time to find the domestic check-in counter. Both check-in and security for domestic departures was empty, hence we had our bags tagged and cleared security in no time. After security, it was a short walk to the gate area, which consists of 6 gates. There were more then enough seats for everyone, along with TVs and free wifi. There was however only 2-3 shops.
photo nrt 2photo nrt

Boarding was once again conducted orderly and by boarding groups. The seat was good for a short 1 hour flight. No personal screen but passengers can use the wifi(or app) to stream some tv programs. Selection was quite limited however.

Cruise

A complementary drink service is conducted for this flight. I don't think ANA has buy on board service for any of their domestic flights, so you might want to have a bite at the airport prior to your flight.
I read the inflight magazine to kill time(notice how the millennium falcon is part of ANA's fleet).
photo drinkphoto magazine

Arrival

Soon we were landing at CTS, concluding a fast and relatively routine flight. Managed spot some planes after disembarkation while you are walking towards baggage claim.

Note: CTS did take a long time to deliver our baggage w/o any explanation :/

Verdict

ANA

8.1/10

Tokyo - NRT

8.9/10

Chitose - CTS

8.0/10

Conclusion

The cabin crew on this flight were very professional and polite. A passenger accidentally spilled water before departure but the crew handed it excellently and w/o delays. I must add that the crew did ask the passenger who spilled water to apologise to the passenger the water was spilled on which I think is something commendable. Other aspect of the flight was routine and pretty much what you would expect.

Information on the route Tokyo (NRT) Chitose (CTS)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 8 reviews of 5 airlines on the route Tokyo (NRT) → Chitose (CTS).

The airline with the best average rating is ANA with 8.0/10.

If you liked this review or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post a comment below !